09 Jun Truck Accident Lawyer
A tractor trailer truck pulling an empty trailer, weighs on average 35,000 lbs or 17.5 tons. Due to the sheer weight of trucks on the road, accidents involving trucks tend to be more serious than accidents involving smaller vehicles. Accidents involving large commercial trucks can be particularly devastating, it is important to know that there are ways to get compensation for injuries, loss of life, and damage to personal property through various legal processes.
If you are ever a victim in an accident that involved a large truck in or near the Dallas area, consider contacting a truck accident lawyer. An experienced professional will help by guiding you through the legal processes, fighting for you and your family, and holding those responsible for the accident accountable.
Why hire a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Generally, truck accidents are more likely to have higher compensation payouts for damages sustained. When there is more at stake for insurance companies and trucking companies, adjusters are more likely to be exceptionally scrupulous of every detail of the accident. An insurance adjuster will evaluate every known fact in the time leading to the accident, and after the accident to identify even the most seemingly insignificant reason the victim was partially at fault in an attempt to undervalue compensation for damages.
For this reason, having an experienced professional lawyer who specializes in truck accident related personal injury claims is essential to ensure maximum compensation. A truck accident lawyer will also be there to advise victims of what victims can and cannot say in communications with insurance adjusters.
Truck Accident Personal Injury Claim Complexities
- Extensive investigation of what went wrong will be required, including reviewing trucking logs and maintenance records.
- Often these cases will involve several different parties such as the trucking company, the driver, the cargo loader, and the truck maintenance company.
- Truck drivers are subject to a specific set of regulations and must have in-depth training. It will take extensive review to determine whether the truck driver violated any of the rules and regulations in place.
Advantages of Specialized Truck Accident Legal Representation
- Protect you from the onslaught of insurance and adjusters that may be contacting you
- Provide guidance and strategy for your case
- Ensure that you are prepared for each curveball that the opposing side may throw your way
- To ensure that the proper steps are taken when pursuing your case
- Negotiate a fair settlement offer
- Prepare to pursue litigation if necessary
In the wake of a devastating accident between a truck and a smaller civilian vehicle, a truck accident lawyer should be well prepared with the tools, knowledge, and experience to fight trucking companies, and insurance companies to get the maximum amount of compensation for you and your family.
Thanks to Brandy Austin Law Firm, PLLC for their expertise in the area of truck accident personal injury.