25 May Virginia: Car Accident – a Lawyer’s Hit-and-Run
In May, 2018, WY Daily reported about the escalation in hit-and-run accidents, particularly involving pedestrian victims. AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety statistics are troubling:
- (2006-2016) Average of 682,000 hit-and-run crashes/year.
- (2006-2016) 65% of hit-and-runs involved pedestrians or bicyclists.
- (2006-2016) 20% of pedestrian deaths are by hit-and-run drivers.
- (2009-2016) 60% increase in hit-and-run deaths.
- (2016) Record 2,049 hit-and-run deaths.
- (2016) 1 hit-and-run every minute in the U.S.
This is so, despite it being illegal in Virginia and elsewhere to leave the scene of a vehicle accident.
Mr. Waterman handles vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, and other cases of wrongful death and personal injury. He lives in Williamsburg, his law office is in Newport News, and he practices throughout the Peninsula, Hampton Roads and elsewhere.